Lagos Mainland, Lagos
Closing Date: 21-Oct-2020
Responsible for the coordination of all baking activities, from the preparation to presentation.
Ensure there is consistency in the quality of all baked products.
To ensure the highest standards of hygiene, as well as to provide guidance and support to his/her subordinates.
Provide subordinates with daily preparation lists recipe, measurements and checking the quality of products made by the baking team
Coordinate the baking team, informing them of any special orders and proffer the most suitable recipe for such orders
Ensure that all baking equipment and company property are handled with care.
Always ensure that personal hygiene and safety standards are met by all members of the baking team
Prepare, coordinate and allocate tasks/shifts for the baking team.
Design a functional cleaning roaster for general cleaning and maintenance of the kitchen and baking equipment
Responsible for ordering and receiving all products, making a check list of the orders, inspecting the quality and quantity.
Preparation of weekly reports to supervisor. The reports are to capture weekly orders, work done, outstanding and any other relevant information.
Monthly reports on the state of the kitchen, supervisory issues, staff complaints/ needs, baking equipment and general kitchen matters
- Excellent knowledge of Baking.
- Creative thinking ability
- Excellent Communication skills
- Good interpersonal skills
- Good customer service orientation
- A qualification from an institution of learning (inclusive of Baking and Catering institutes)
- Other higher/ relevant qualification(s) will be an advantage.
- 5 – 10 years’ work experience as a Baker
- Excellent understanding of food and confectionery production.
- Excellent People and Teaming Skills
- Good leadership, negotiating and influencing skills.
- Excellent presentation and communication skills.
- Good ethics and high level of integrity
Note: ONLY SHORTLISTED CANDIDATES WILL BE CONTACTED