· Following specifications and calculations to create various technical drawings.
· Preparing both rough sketches and detailed work with CADD systems.
· Performing calculations for materials and weight limitations.
· Communicating with architects and engineers, and incorporating knowledge gained into drawings.
· Preparing, reviewing and redrafting alongside the engineering team.
· Ensuring final designs are compliant with building regulations.
· Identifying and communicating potential design problems to the rest of the team.
· Bachelor of Science in Engineering or Architecture.
· Degree from a technical college also acceptable.
· Experience in computer-aided design and drafting (CADD).
· Ability to draw manually favorable, but not essential.
· Ability to work well in a team and on your own.
· Ability to respond well to criticism and maintain a positive attitude.