The Plant Supervisor will oversee all daily operations of the plant from production and manufacturing to ensuring policies and procedures are followed. He/she will develop processes that will maximize stewardship, safety, quality and productivity.
· Plan, organize, direct and run optimum day-to-day operations to exceed our customers’ expectations.
· Increase production, assets capacity and flexibility while minimizing unnecessary costs and maintaining current quality standards.
· Be responsible for production output, product quality and on-time shipping.
· Allocate resources effectively and fully utilize assets to produce optimal results.
· Implement strategies in alignment with strategic initiatives and provide a clear sense of direction and focus.
· Monitor operations and trigger corrective actions.
· Share a trusting relationship with work-group and recruit, manage and develop plant staff.
· Collect and analyze data to find places of waste or overtime.
· Commit to plant safety procedures.
· Develop systems and processes that track and optimize productivity and standards, metrics and performance targets to ensure effective return on assets.
· Address employees’ issues or grievances and administer collective bargaining agreements.
· Influence and learn from below.
· Stay up to date with latest production management best practices and concepts.
· Proven work experience as a Plant Supervisor.
· BSc/HND Engineering (Mechanical or Electrical).
· Familiarity with industry standard equipment and technical expertise.
· Be knowledgeable of safety, quality, productivity, demand creation, inventory and stewardship processes.
· Computer literacy.
· Strong team building, decision-making and people management skills.
· Good planning skills.
· Strong communication skills.
· Smart operations planning techniques.
· Team leadership competence.
· Quality Control leader.
· Experience in gas powered electricity generators or similar scope.
· Preferably a female.