This position is responsible for designing and implementing strategic sales plan; meeting customer acquisition and revenue generation target, sales team building and management and product penetration across assigned regions and market segments.
- Develop a strategic sales and marketing plan, specifically advising on: realistic forecasts for each product and territory (based on historical data, market trends, competitive activity, promotional strategy and sales effort), and realistic costs of operating the sales force.
- Design and implement strategic sales plan that expands company’s customer base and ensure Company’s strong presence across each region or states within Nigeria.
- Secure Distributors for Company Product across target regions in Nigeria and West Africa
- Working with relevant Officer(s) or Departments, or service providers, develop marketing and communication contents and materials; and ensure seamless marketing communication in electronic, print, focused groups and social media platforms
- Drive brand awareness and customer loyalty across assigned market segments
- Drive product penetration, and increased monthly sales across assigned market segments, regions, cities or countries
- Achieve growth and meet sales target by building and managing sales team
- Deliver on periodic sales targets – monthly, quarterly and annually
- Provide periodic sales reports as may be required from time to time by the Managing Director or Management team
- Conduct market research and provide upper management with proactive information to guide competitive business development
- Identify emerging markets and market shifts while being fully aware of new products and company’s competition status
- Develop and build professional relationships with customers on behalf of the Company
- Maintain customer database and key information for efficient customer relationship management
- Provide top rate customer services delivery at all times to our Customers
- Develop and maintain customer feedback, complaints and reporting system; and ensure that all feedback or complaints are addressed or resolved in line with the Company’s feedback and complaints procedures.
- Advise management on customer relationship management schemes, incentives, forums that would help the build strong customer relationship with Customers
Skills and Abilities
- Proven ability to drive the sales process from plan to close
- Strong business sense and industry expertise
- Presentation and Public Speaking Skills
- Sociable with good interpersonal skills
- Entrepreneurial approach to work
- Leadership Skills
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Proficiency in the use of IT and ERP
- Good communication skills – oral and written
- Organisational, Administrative and Planning Skills
- Numerical and analytical skills
- Excellent mentoring, coaching and people management skills
First Degree in relevant field
At least 2 years work experience and track record in related job role