Our client, one of the leading Architectural Hardware Specialist in Nigeria seeks the services of an Inventory Accountant who will be responsible for managing the stock of their products and ensuring that materials are readily available for all projects.
· Prepare and report weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual Management reports by collecting data analysis and investigating variances, summarizing data information and trends.
· Preparing budgets and special reports by studying variances for management consumption.
· Reviewing stock controls and carrying of stock reconciliation.
· To post and control all deliveries by the manufacturers into the warehouse by cross-checking vendors’ invoices with the physical goods received.
· To perform periodic and year-end, closing of inventory in value by controlling the final stock via a periodic audit.
· Utilize computer systems (Microsoft Excel and inventory software) to electronically track inventory flow, check stock, and reconcile inventory.
· To properly update the Job Sheets, Bin Card, Waybill, MSR, etc. to the system.
· To take necessary action or raise alarm where discrepancies are discovered.
· Ensure materials are readily available for all projects and ultimately prevent cases of stock out.
· To perform statistical demand by the management.
· Monitor the loading and offloading of materials and consignment.
· To supervise and monitor the store and inventory officers.
· Make judicious use of the company’s provided Navision system for work delivery.
· To carry out any other duty as assigned by the management.
To be selected for this role, you should be able to demonstrate the following competences
· Bachelor’s Degree/HND in Accounting or equivalent work experience while professional qualification will be an added advantage.
· Ability to understand the factors and variables producing the forecast, while aware of variances, risks, and accuracy levels.
· Good Numeracy skills
· Excellent written and oral communication skills
· Proven 2-4 years’ work experience in Inventory management; experience in the construction industry will be an added advantage.
· Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office suites, Navision System and other relevant inventory software.